Friday, July 1, 2011

ESPY award, needing your vote!

Hello again! Twice in a week, I'm sure you are all impressed!

I found out late last week that I am nominated for this year's ESPN's ESPY award for a female athlete with a disability. For those of you unfamiliar with the ESPY's, it's like the Oscars for athletes and the winners are determined by popular vote, just like American Idol! I had no idea that I was in the running as a nominee and was pretty shocked to find out.

To vote, go to http://espn.go.com/espys/#!/voting/ click on vote by category, female athlete with a disability and you'll see my picture there. You can only vote once from every computer so if you have 2 computers, or a cell phone with internet, you can vote on all 3! The voting closes on July 9 and the awards show is July 13th in LA. Whatever the outcome, I am honored to be nominated for this prestigious award. It is a competitive category with other female athletes with disabilities that have had incredible careers and athletic achievements.

Please vote and pass this on to your family and friends.
And since July 4th is only a few days away, Happy 4th and fly those flags high and proud!

Peace Out!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Amanda told me about this ... so I of course voted ... TWICE! SOOOOO excited for you! I also told my physical therapist about it, and he realized he had seen your Hartford commercial on TV.
Congrats, Melissa!
Sara Koenig
(Amanda's friend)
:o)

Paul Gentry said...

I'll post it on facebook.... I have quite a few friends... should be good for at least 1 more vote :-)

Keep on keepin' on!